AdWords provides a financial lifeline for a lot of businesses, large and small. Finding helpful approaches to manage PPC networks (i.e. AdWords and Adcenter primarily) are few and far between. Sure, there are numerous consultants out there more than ready to cut into your profits, however the minimum contracts and fuzzy promises probably have kept you from taking the bait.
While you can find certainly many AdWords PPC “celebrities” on the market that have oversaw PPC campaigns of either great size or number, I battle to imagine someone who has poured the constant everyday hours within the last 7 years when i have. Toiling over how you can refine and optimize campaigns, ad groups, etc. to have even a.5% improvement has been my life as it directly correlated to the size of my paycheck and success of our own business. There hasn’t been one individual at Google and out Google which includes successfully provided a suggestion or found a chink within my structure, yet there were many people who have said “wow- I never thought of accomplishing that before”.
So with regards to giving AdWords tips for people who contact me for ideas, 10 from ten times I can state that their problems stem from a single of 5 issues.
1. Poor account structure – Structure doesn’t account for like products, demographics, network, or geography.
2. Mismanaged or under-managed bidding – Adwords can make it very easy for individuals to get lulled into default bids, AdWords despite its efforts at automating needs active management.
3. Not enough ad testing for Ad text – Ad text optimization is really a tricky business. Furthermore successful ads become less successful with time, the criteria and binding the website landing page is crucial – much more so in the year 2011 than in the past as quality score is playing a big part in a campaign’s profitability.
4. Poorly mined keywords – Keywords are the currency that creates PPC work. AdWords provides great tools for learning about keywords, unfortunately, these are fragmented. Besides CTR, cost/conv., impressions, match type and clicks; you can find elements like assists, search funnels, negatives, ROI, view-through conversions. These less understood elements are exactly what makes AdWords profitable and accounts need constant help to optimize.
5. AdWords not aligned with landing page – Few are a graphics designer, me included, but there are basic approaches which everyone can take to boost your conversions. Remember a strong CTR x strong Website Landing Page = maximum conversions.
Getting conversions profitably isn’t quite as basic as Google leads you to believe, but in case you are diligent and actively manage your campaigns, taking into account the account structure, bidding, ad testing, keyword mining, and landing page optimization I will guarantee you will end up on the way to recovery. AdWords guidance is only an email away.
PPC optimization is imperative to sustain success using Google Adwords. Below we touch upon many techniques to optimize your campaigns for better profitability.
Understand Keyword Match Types
Although an elementary concept in Pay Per Click advertising, understanding keyword match types is essential to reach your goals. Google breaks down keyword match types in three primary ways: Broad, [Exact], and “Phrase” match.
In Google search, an extensive match can frequently times be extremely broad. For example, for any keyword phrase like “Kids military uniforms,” under the broad match setting, your ad may be triggered for searches like “childrens army suit” or “youth navy uniform.” Essentially, broad match is extremely broad, so be sure you know what you’re entering into if you wish to leave keywords as broad (without “quotes” for phrase match or [brackets] for exact match.)
Using exact keyword matching by all around the keyword phrase in brackets will ensure that your ads are merely triggered when search engine users submit that exact phrase, and nothing else. By utilizing exact xrnyuh matching, it is possible to better minimize wasted impressions from broad searches and minimize budget-sucking click-throughs.
Because exact phrase match might neglect to display your ads for searchers that you actual do desire to capture, a fantastic option is applying modified broad matching. Modified broad is simply putting a ” ” symbol directly before each keyword (with no space) that you might want specifically mentioned in a user’s search query. The ” ” symbol helps to ensure that this word, and just very close variations (such as plural and singular variations) are what trigger your ads. So if we bid on the keyword ” kids military uniforms” our ad is still displayed for search queries like “kid military uniform” or “kids military uniforms available for sale,” not “childrens navy uniform.”