The simple answer to this inquiry is that it is easy but not simple to pass your Driving Test first time out. Simple in as much as it’s not Rocket Science or Quantum Physics or Nuclear Fusion but a calculated sequence of techniques and checks that assembled within the correct order should ensure success.
Planning is definitely the key to success in anything in everyday life and the Driving Test is not any different …no different at all! You don’t Plan? …You don’t Pass! … it truly is that easy! So what is there to organize you might well ask.
Before we take a look at all of that we ourselves need to do let’s look at the Transport. Without a doubt… precisely what is there to get bothered with when examining your Car? Quite a lot actually!
(1) You need to know your vehicle inside out. Quite literally. The new Technical checks towards the Irish Driving Test were introduced on the 14th February 2005. They include three questions taken at random by the examiner away from 12 categories and will include all the major systems which you find under the Hood which we in Europe call the Bonnet! Such as Oil; Coolant; Brake fluid; Screen wash; Power Steering Fluid; Tires; Lights; Foot Brake; Parking Brake; Brake Lights; Steering Wheel;
(2) Secondary Controls…all of the knobs and switches which can be found in every Modern Car and some that are not found in every models. You simply will not only have to know their respective functions but will be needed to function all equipment adequately through the Test without taking your eyes from the Road. This is best referred to as Touchy-Feely!
(3) Paperwork requirements…which in Ireland are Road Tax…Compulsory Insurance…and in the case of cars over 36 months old the NCT certificate (MOT) in the U.K. Not forgetting your Provisional License of course. If you have just bought a car in the lead approximately your Driving Test the failure of the Garage to present you with the required documentation to help you Road Tax your vehicle is not going to carry any weight. If your car does not comply with the legal requirements your Driving Test will not be performed under any circumstances!
(4) Worse still you are going to lose your fee and be put to the end from the long waiting list. Which is long, very long and getting longer from the minute! Absence of attention to the specifics mentioned in this article is among the main reasons for the lengthy delays in obtaining a Driving Test appointment.
(5) Changing an automobile at the last minute prior to Earlier Driving Test is yet another recipe that will keep you from passing the Driving Test First-time. It will take even a skilled Driver quite some hours to acclimatize to a new car. A learner will take even longer and definately will not have the necessary skills set to deal with dramatic differences in a strange car. A Driving Test is hard enough without shooting yourself inside the foot.
(6) If repairs are essential in your regular car during the lead up to a Driving Test then don’t leave points to the last minute since spare parts sometimes are not always available out of the box and your beloved Motor might be sunning itself on the top of the ramp when you should be piloting it in your First-time Driving Test Pass. In an emergency it will require a minimum of eight hours tuition and practise for a person who is absolutely ready for that Driving Test to switch cars and also a hope of passing. Being a general rule no Professional Driving School will hire out a car for your test without needing assessed the Pupil’s skills and after that insisting on at the very least eight or ten hours practise to qualify for hire. In case you are on the borderline inside the skills department a Driving Instructor may well decide not to offer you the automobile for hire for the Driving Test. You will find safety and reputation implications to be considered in this particular scenario.
(7) You have to be very knowledgeable about the general area where Driving Tests take place and must practise regularly at different times of day and various days of each week. You won’t know the value of different traffic flows unless you do. Should you be caught outside in particular spot because it’s Friday afternoon and also the whole Universe is heading down this kind of stretch of way to get home following a gruelling week then you certainly just have yourself responsible for making a mess of things. Here we have now the planning aspect (or rather the lack of it) rearing its ugly head again. Anyone badly or dangerously executed manoeuvre because of stress in heavy traffic will mean the dreaded Grade Three fault as well as a “Sorry you haven’t been successful now ” remark from the Examiner when back to the Driving Test Centre. Guess whose fault this outcome is? It certainly isn’t the Examiners or the heavy traffic!
(8) In case you have along way to drive to reach the Driving Test Centre then leave ample time in order to reach least ten or quarter-hour early .Arriving early could mean that you are taken off a little heiyms which may turn out to be beneficial there again it may not. Either way if you are six minutes late (for reasons unknown) its bye, bye Test and are available back next season! Oh yes and will be another 38 Euro please!
We haven’t even started to talk yet concerning the various manoeuvres as well as the Techniques which will be sure that your First-time Pass but we now have covered the primary components of the vehicle requirements and certain protocols around the Driving Test. We shall discuss the many techniques and skills necessary to satisfy a Driving Examiner in an accompanying article.